Wednesday, February 01, 2006

State of the Disunion

So I watched the State of the Union speech last night. I always try to enter in to watching a Presidential speech with an "ok, now impress me" type attitude.

I wasn't impressed.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but here's my impression. Alot of political cliches. Alot of false choices (ie. spreading freedom vs. isolationism...like there can't be some sort of even better middle ground). Alot of small ideas. And I really got the feeling that Iran is next in the crosshairs. If they decide to go forward with their "nucular" program, it sounds to me like this administration will consider that WMDs in the hands of a tyrant...and we all know what happens when this administration comes to that conclusion.

People start dying.

1 Comments:

Blogger greenISgood said...

Scottocca:
Great blog! thanks for the report. In contrast, I avoided watching George, the Younger, last night on orders from my "Anger Management" coach. What I read later was "we are 'addicted' to foreign oil", was that a Freudian slip? Duh! Actually, a half truth...we're addicted to power, wealth, & dominance (oil's only a part of this)

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home